What a luxury to fly to your traveling destination; no traffic; no problems, right? Flying can be just as chaotic as driving if you don’t prepare. From airport parking to carry ones, here are a few tips to make your flight a breeze!
Tips To Make Your Flight A Breeze!
- Check for Cancelations: You may think as long as the weather is good, there shouldn’t be a cancelation, but cancelations happen for many different reasons. Sometimes, there aren’t enough passengers for the flight you booked and they cancel. You don’t always get notified to change your flight, so check your flight 24 hours before you are supposed to leave to make sure you don’t need to book another flight. It is, also, a good thing to check your return flights. It has happened where everything seems good to go, but that last transfer home got canceled. Check before you end up wondering what to do.
- Label Everything: Label your bags, your carry on, and even your water bottle. Things get mixed up, bags get on wrong planes, and you can lose your belongings quick in an airport. Make sure everything is labeled so you can easily find what is yours and identify it if it gets lost in the shuffle.
- Bring enough on your Carry on: We are all human and people make mistakes. Sometimes, those mistakes result in your luggage being put on the wrong plane! Be sure to bring enough clothes for at least a day, extra shampoo, conditioner, and essentials in case something happens with your luggage.
- Keep your ID or Passport Out: Do you know how many people have unintentionally packed their ID or Passport in their luggage? It happens all the time, and it can be a hassle to find your luggage, get into it, and find your ID or Passport. Instead, keep your ID or Passport in your hand or on your person at all times. This ensures you have it when you need it.
- Bring Gum: This is a secret to helping with those horrid pressure pockets where your ears pop and you feel like your head is going to explode. Gum helps alleviate some of that pressure, so be sure to bring gum before you get on the plane because once the plane takes off, you won’t be able to get any.
- Bring Earplugs: Whether you are traveling with kids or someone else is, it is inevitable to get on and off a flight without hearing some kind of crying, or the guy next to you snoring. If you want a peaceful flight while traveling, be sure to bring some ear plugs.
- Bring a Pillow and Blanket: Whether your flight gets delayed, you have a layover, or you just want to get some shut eye on the plane, bringing a blanket and pillow is always a good idea. Remember, you are in for a long ride, so bringing a little extra comfort will make it that much smoother.
You can make flying a smooth, relaxing, and enjoying trip with these simple tips so make sure to give them a try. I’d also love to here how you make your flight smooth so make sure to leave a comment below!